Σάββατο 10 Ιουλίου 2010

Assault Sergeant - relaxing, tabletop quality paintjob


After all the effort I put in Mr. Inquisitor I needed to paint something just for fun. Something easy, where I wouldn't have to ponder over each colour choice or highlight placement. And here's where this mini fits. I have a Space Marine army (a yet unnamed Blood Angel successor chapter). It's pretty much finished and I'm now at the point where I'm adding units just because they're cool or for that extra tactical flexibility that comes from being able to alter your list. One day I should write a post about my army, a post with lots and lots of pics...

Now however let's go back to the mini I'm talking about. It's quite special because it's a mix of limited edition and out of print parts. To be more specific I have used the body from the 2009 Games Day miniature and an old metal jump pack plus a few plastic components. I know you're gona hate me but I also have to tell you that I got these parts for free! I had bought the GD miniature and my games day ticket online and when it arrived the top of the thunderhammer was so miscast it was almost two-dimensional. I called GW and they sent me a replacement mini while letting me keep the problematic mini. One thanks goes to GW! The jump pack on the other hand was a gift from a friend. Another thanks goes to Geo! So in a nutshell I got to convert a limited edition mini without the "guilt" that accompanies the heresy of tampering with such rare miniatures and I did it for free. Really there's nothing to be jealous of here...

I believe I have annoyed you enough at this point so I should start talking about something else: the paintjob. Well what about it...? This paintjob is one of the best "cheats" I have discovered painting wise. It allows you to achieve a decent looking base coat and also have your metallics ready at the same time. I'll write a detailed tutorial and also give you the link of where I discovered this technique at a later post. Let's move on to the pics now:




I believe you've noticed that at this moment the paintjob probably looks too dark. To counter this I'll paint the details in bright, contrasting colours and hopefully you'll enjoy the end result. Stay tunned for the progress of this mini!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου