Παρασκευή 28 Μαΐου 2010

Inquisitorial Henchman (conversion)

It has been a bit quiet here lately and I'm the one to blame for that. You see I took up mountain biking (again) after a break that lasted for, well, some years. Instead of spending my time trying to perfect my blends and highlights I was busy trying to avoid branches, rocks and other assorted forest features that tend to jump on you out of nowhere. Obviously I'll get back to painting minis when the novelty of biking has worn off and I'll make sure to divide my time between my hobbies.

In the meantime I thought I should show you a mini I painted some time ago. I'm quite fond of this mini as it's one of those simple conversions that less-than-adept converters like me enjoy. The idea was to take the WFB priest and convert it to a 40k inquisitorial henchman carying his master's weapon. Conversion work was kept to a minimum thanks to FW brass etch inquisitorial symbols. This mini has a lot of metal surfaces which are always a joy to paint (if you haven't figured it out yet I love painting mettalics). I tried a variety of glazes to represent wear, dirt and corrossion. I guess that's al for now. I hope you enjoy it. I'd like to hear your comments.

Here's the CoolMiniOrNot link in case you want to vote it.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου