Κυριακή 20 Νοεμβρίου 2011

The finished Sister of Battle & a glimpse of things to come

The Sister of Battle is finaly finished, finito, done! All in all a grea mini which has helped me progress as a painter. I had to tackle my fear of highlighting very dark colours and it was my first time painting a female face. I'm pleased with how it turned out in the end. I think I finally managed to get all the colours highlighted to the same level and the colour choices fitted nicely. I had some issues in these areas in the past so it feel like I'm moving forward which is great. Without further ado:








And what's that glimps of things to come you may ask. Well my good friend Nik has just finished another awesome conversion and this time I get to paint it. In keeping with the whole Necron talk that's going on lately the mini is a Necron Warrion in  a rather... dynamic and unconventional pose. I'm gona start painting it soon so in addition to your comments on the conversion I'd be happy to hear any ideas you may have about painting. You can even post some links to some of your favourite Necron paintjobs. Who knows, I may be inspired to try something new. At the moment I'm thinking of rust and lots of wear combined with some green OSL on the eyes and weapon but I'm open to any suggestions. What I really want is a nice and striking paintjob that will do justice to the conversion work. Pics time:









6 σχόλια:

  1. That sister came out really nice! The Necron is really dynamic and unique! I would like to see him in a more light colored paintjob than the usual rust or metallic... dunno, maybe a white or a dark red would be nice!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Thanks Mihalis! I was a bit woried because it was the first time I painted white hair and a female face. A good idea for the Necron would be a cracked bone-ceramic armour but I don't know if I have the patience and the skill to pull it off...

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. I'm sure that you can do it! You have pulled off the marble effect really nicely in the past so why not now?

    Oh and it seems that you got some attention here :P http://colshofer.blogspot.com/2011/11/goodies.html

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. To be honest I don't know if I want to try a marble effect on a Necron. I was thinking of rust and lots of wear and tear because I find it more menacing. I mean a shiny, tidy robot thing doesn't look that evil. A rusted, ancient construct on the other hand...

    I'm very happy about the mention in Colonel Schofer's blog. I think it's the first time I get a mention. Deos this mean I'm famous now...? :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή