Παρασκευή 28 Ιανουαρίου 2011

New project - I need your help!

And what a project it is! One of the best Forge World minis and the mini with the best piece of fluff IMHO. Ok it's not a huge superheavy but it's full of character and the fluff about the grot pilot not being smart enough to understand that it'll die when the bomb hits its target and explodes is hilarious. I mean, come on, who doesn't love Grots? Inventing such funny creatures and putting them in the grim dark setting of 40k was pure genius!

Now though it's time to move on and explain to you your mission (should you choose to accept it). I need your brains. I don't mean that in a zombie-brain-eating way but more in a give-me-ideas-and-suggestions way. Now that you know that your brains are not in imminent danger of consumption you can relax and propose paintschemes for my grot bomb. I'm thinking of the classic "red ones go fasta" paintjob with some metal plates painted in contrasting colours, the checker pattern painted in black & white and the shark's teeh painted in white. I wonder if it's a bit lazy and obvious though, so all suggestions (and even better all suggestions with links to relevant pics) are welcome.


The mini:



My attempt at a not so boring base:


5 σχόλια:

  1. You could try a yellow-Bad Moons theme with red details and checkers. I know I would to get this model out of the ordinary red go fasta sceme

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. That's a nice idea! In fact I think I've never painted a yellow mini so far so it'll be something new for me.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Yellow is a tricky colour... maybe you would like to re-primer your model to a lighter color or use some GW foundation yellow for a base...

    I am looking forward to see it painted..!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. I Like this model. If I was to paint this I would greenstuff a little bandana for the grot pilot and paint the missile as a WW2 japanese Zero (try google). That way you have a proper kamikaze pilot. Instead of black and white checkers your could do red and white. I just painted my first gretchin myself and had great fun. have a look at my blog..

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. @ Mihalis: Yea yellow can be quite tricky to paint but with the Foundation paints you can paint a nice yellow without going mad. I may also use an airbrush for the basecoat. ;)

    @ Warpaintguy: Now that's something I'd never have though in a million years! It's a great idea but I don't know if I can pull it off both in terms of sculpting and painting. I may however skip the bandana and just paint it in the appropriate scheme. I'm guessing Chaos Black for the nose, Dark Angels Green for the top part of the missile and Fortress Grey for the bottom part. You think these colours will be a good match for the Zero's colours? I'm gona visit your blog soon. ;)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή