Πέμπτη, 29 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

Commissar Yarrick - final pics, CMON link... and a possible commision service!

First let's get the pics out of the way:






Oh and here's the CoolMiniOrNot voting link

Now on to the juicy stuff. I am thinking of starting a commision service. I feel my painting skills, while not great, are adequate, my display cabinet is filling up and I've grown less emotionally attached to my minis as the years go by. So what I have in mind?

I'd like to focus on character minis. I could either take up commisions for character minis or sell some of the character minis I paint as one off pieces. And here is where I need your help. I'm new to commision painting so I don't know much about pricing. Most commision companies don't have a set charge for this type of painting so a web search yielded no results. I would like to know what you think would be a reasonable price for a paintjob like that on Yarrick. For the real hardcore fans of this blog you can look up other minis I have painted and propose prices for them as well so I can get an even better idea of how to price my services. Either way I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Δευτέρα, 19 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

Commisar Yarrick - finished!

The mini is finaly finished today! I invited a friend to my house so we could inspire each other to work more on our minis. He was converting, I was painting, time went by and soon Mr Yarrick was all painted up! I'll need your help in spotting any mistakes before varnishing though. Let me know what you think of the finished mini.








Τρίτη, 13 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

Commissar Yarrick - started working on the metallics.

I finally got to tackle some of my favourte colours: metallics! At the moment they've received just a basecoat, a few highlights and a wash. They need some more highlighting before they're ready but... any update is a good update I guess.







Πέμπτη, 1 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

Commissar Yarrick update - green areas and boots painted.

So its back to Mr Yarrick after the emergency greenstufing. Today I tackled the laurels and the purity seal wax. It was quite time consumming considering how small these areas are but I'm happy with the end result. I also painted his boots using the same blueish dark grey I used on the storm bottler casing and the sword sheath. I like how this mini is turning out but it seems it's gona be time consuming. At least I'm getting over my fear of painting black (or very dark grey actually).

I'm gona set my goals low this time and hope I can meet them. I want to finish Yarrick, the Sister of Battle Serapheim and a Dreadknight till the end of the year. That's it, 3 minis! let's see if I can do it...