Κυριακή 5 Ιουνίου 2011

A blast from the past!

 Recently I had the chance to revisit a miniature that was converted by a good friend of mine. He is a great sculptor and converter so much that he rarely paints his miniatures as there are always sculpting projects eating away at his time and attention. We were doing a display together at a local event where I was painting minis while he was showcasing converting and sculpting techniques when I first started working on the mini. This was 3 - 4 years ago so my painting skills were not that good. Painting at an event while chatting to people at the same time didn't help either. The result was a presentable mini but one with room for improvement and in desperate need of basing.
 When I revisited the mini I decided to do what would be the miniature equivalent of a "sympathetic restoration" for two reasons. First I wanted to preserve some of the old school feel of the mini and second we really only had an afternoon's worth of time to paint, base and varnish the mini. I reapainted the face as it was the focal point, repainted the skulls as they were not up to the standard of the rest of the mini, added a few more highlights and washes here and there and finished off the base with modeling sand and snow. All in all I'm quite happy with how it turned out but I'm even more happy to know that Nik will have one of his amazingly converted minis painted and ready to be displayed.

So here's the mini itself, a nice Chaos fella with his cute puppy....









Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου