Κυριακή 10 Απριλίου 2011

Grey Knights test schemes

In preparation for a possible new Grey Knights army I decided to test some paintschemes on some old metal Grey Knights I had lying around. I went with airbrushing various metallics followed by an airbrushed wash to add some shading and then some airbrushed metallics for highlights. The recesses were washed again and edge highlights were added. Each of the 4 test minis has subtle differences as I was trying various combinations of metallics and washes. Unfortunately photographing metallics is a real pain and I'm not sure if you can spot the differences. If you feel so inclined though, you can take a look and tell me which paintscheme you prefer. I've already chose two of the test schemes as my favourites but I won't tell you which so as not to influence you.
Grey Knights were my first army and the first minis I tried to paint to a good level so this test reminded me of those first atempts. I still remember how I felt after finishing my first Grey Knight mini. It amazes me that now I can have similar or slightly better results in a third of the time it took me then. Anyway enough nostalgia for now. Let's move on to the pics:













Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου