Πέμπτη, 31 Μαρτίου 2011

Grey Knight quick paintjob

In anticipation for the new Grey Knights codex I decided to paint an assembled Grey Knight that had been left neglected and in desperate need of a paintjob for some years. I did a quick paintjob on him to test out possibe techniques for mass-painting Grey Knights. It's not my best mini so far but at least it's looking decent IMHO and it has helped me figure out some speed painting techniques.








Κυριακή, 20 Μαρτίου 2011

A quick Space Marine paintjob.

In an effort to finish all my undercoated minis I decided to paint up another marine in the quick paintscheme of my army. Nothing fancy here just an hour's worth of fun.







Πέμπτη, 17 Μαρτίου 2011

Ork Nob - WAAAAGHHHH! It's finished!

I hope this will make up for the lack of updates recently. And it also means that I can now focus on the upcoming Grey Knights and maybe paint some of my, now classic, older GK minis! Let me know if you spot any mistakes or if you have any suggestions for last minute improvements. Depending on my laziness I may atcually follow some of your advice!








Πέμπτη, 10 Μαρτίου 2011

Ork Nob - the long awaited update (plus one side project)

Talk about a long hiatus! Lots of things got in the way lately. But things are looking promising. Got my new mountain bike and it rides great, Grey Knights are just around the corner and even the weather is warming up. On the painting front the Ork Nob is at the point where I can almost see the proverbial finish line. Metallics are almost done with only a few highlights left to do and then it's just a couple of small details, basing and it's off to the display cabinet (after the obligatory varnishiong that is). So here are some pics of the Nob. Take a look at them and then scroll down for the side project I was talking about on the title of this post.







Ok I think you've seen enough pics of the hedless horseman.... eee I mean Ork so what was this side project I was talking about? It's an Aquila Lander terrain piece from the Battle for Maccrage box set. It was fun to paint as it was the first time I tried to do a proper terain piece with an airbrush. I painted it for a friend of mine that runs a local gaming store and with that in mind I went for a paintjob that would fit well on a gaming table. I didn't try to pick out every little detail or waste time on things that people using this terrain piece will never notice. I focused on a good paintscheme with some weathering to spice it up and I covered some details with dust/ dirt. That's all well but unfortunately the pics I took of it... suck! I'm used to photographing smaller minis so I just couldn't get the lighting correctly. I'll take some more pics of it when I visit the game store but for the time being you'll have to do with my so-and-so pics. However to cheer you up I'll give you a preview of things to come! Ok, I know I'm rambling by this point but bear with me for a while. My friend who runs the gaming store also happens to have some mad image editing/ photoshoping/ digital design etc skills. And he'll use some of these skills to give this blog a facelift. He's been give free reign so it'll be a surprise for both me and you. Let's see what he comes up with... Till then enjoy some less than stelar pics: